Terms and conditions
Terms of Service
The information will be disclosed to the customer / applicant (recipient) to determine whether the customer / applicant will become a student of the David Mills Academy. Once the customer / applicant becomes a student, the agreement still stands.
The Owner has requested and the Recipient agrees that the Recipient will protect the confidential material and information which may be disclosed between the David Mills Academy and the Recipient.
Therefore, the parties agree as follows:
- I. The term “Confidential Information” means any information or material which is proprietary to the Owner, whether or not owned or developed by the Owner, which is not generally known other than by the Owner, and which the Recipient may obtain through any direct or indirect contact with the Owner. Regardless whether specifically identified as confidential or proprietary, Confidential Information shall include any information provided by the Owner concerning the business, technology, ideas, requirements, sophisticated design including material proposal and necessary calculation to bring owner’s idea to reality using owner’s knowledge and experience about the secrets of making serious money in the comfort of your home, by working for just 2-3 pleasant hours a day, and information of the Owner and any third party with which the Owner deals, including, without limitation, business records, presentations, requirements, designs, and plans, trade secrets, technical data, product ideas, system ideas, contracts, financial information, pricing structure, discounts, computer programs and listing, computer systems, source code and/or object code, copyright and intellectual property, inventions, sales leads, strategic alliances, partners, and customer and client lists. The nature of the information and the manner of disclosure are such that a reasonable person would understand it to be confidential.
- “Confidential Information” does not include:
– matters of public knowledge that result from disclosure by the Owner;
– information rightfully received by the Recipient from a third party without a duty of
– information independently developed by the Recipient
– information disclosed by the Recipient with the prior written consent of the Owner,
any other information that both parties agree in writing is not confidential.
- I. PROTECTION OF CONFIDENTIALITY INFORMATION. The Recipient understands and acknowledges that the Confidential Information has been developed or obtained by the Owner by the investment of significant time, effort, and expense, and that the Confidential Information is a valuable, special and unique asset of the Owner which provides the Owner with a significant competitive advantage, and needs to be protected from improper disclosure. In consideration for the receipt by the Recipient of the Confidential Information, the Recipient agrees as follows:
- No Disclosure. The Recipient will hold the Confidential Information in confidence and will not disclosed the Confidential Information without prior written consent of the Owner.
- No Copying/Modifying. The Recipient will not copy or modify any Confidential Information without prior written consent of the Owner.
- Unauthorised Use. The Recipient shall promptly advise the Owner if the Recipient becomes aware of any possible unauthorised disclosure or use of the Confidential Information.
- Application to Employees. The Recipient shall not disclose any Confidential Information to any employees or contractors of the Recipient, or to other clients or competitors, except those employees or contractors who are required to have the Confidential Information in order to perform their job duties in connection with the limited purposes of this Agreement. Each permitted employee or contractor to whom Confidential Information is disclosed shall sign a non-disclosure agreement substantially the same as this Agreement at the request of the Owner.
III. UNAUTHORISED DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION – INJUNCTION. If it appears that the Recipient has disclosed (or has threaten to disclose) Confidential Information in violation of this Agreement, the Owner shall be entitled to an injunction to restrain the Recipient from disclosing the Confidential Information in whole or in part. The Owner shall not be prohibited by this provision from pursuing other remedies, including claim for losses and damages.
- IV. NON-CIRCUMVENTION. For a period of five (5) years after the end of the term of this Agreement, the Recipient will not attempt to do business with, or otherwise solicit any business contacts found or otherwise referred by the Owner to Recipient for the purpose of circumventing, the result of which shall be to prevent the Owner from realising or recognising a profit, fees, or otherwise, without the specific written approval of the Owner. If such circumvention shall occur the Owner shall be entitled to any commissions due pursuant to this Agreement or relating to such transaction.
- V. RETURN OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Upon the written request of the Owner, the Recipient shall return to the Owner all written materials containing the Confidential Information. The Recipient shall also deliver the Owner written statements signed by the Recipient certifying that all materials have been returned within five (5) days of receipt of the request.
- VI. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES. Neither party has an obligation under this agreement to purchase any service or item from the other party, or commercially offer any products using or incorporating the Confidential Information. This Agreement does not create any agency partnership, or joint venture.
VII. NO WARRANTY. The recipient acknowledges and agrees that the Confidential Information is provided on an “AS IS” basis. THE OWNER MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OWNER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THE PERFORMANCE OR USE OF ANY PORTION OF THE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. The Owner does not represent or warrant that any product or business plans disclosed to the Recipient will be marked or carried out as disclosed, or at all. Any actions taken by the Recipient in response to the disclosure of the Confidential Information shall be solely at the risk of the Recipient.
VIII. LIMITED LICENSE TO USE. The Recipient shall not acquire any intellectual property rights under this Agreement except the limited rights to use as set forth above. The Recipient acknowledges that, as between the Owner and the Recipient, the Confidential Information and all related copyrights and other intellectual property rights , are (and all times will be) the property of the Owner, even if suggestions, comments, and or ideas made by the Recipient are incorporated into the Confidential Information or related materials during the period of this Agreement.
- IX. Each party agrees to defend, indemnity, and hold harmless the other party and its officers, directors, agents, affiliates, distributors, vendors, contractors, representatives and employees from any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, costs and expenses resulting from the indemnifying party’s material breach of any duty, representation, or warranty under this Agreement.
- X. ATTORNEY’S FEES. If In any legal action between the parties concerning this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.
- XI. The obligations of this Agreement shall survive 10 years from the effective date or until the Owner sends the Recipient written notice releasing the Recipient from this Agreement. After that the Recipient must continue to protect the Confidential Information that was received during the terms of this Agreement from unauthorised use or disclosure indefinitely.
XII. GENERAL PROVISIONS. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding of the parties regarding confidentiality. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the United Kingdom. This Agreement shall without the prior written consent of the other party. The confidentiality provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect at all times in accordance with the term of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining portions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and construed so as to best effectuate the original intent and purpose of this Agreement.